March 15, 2020
Dear valued customers,
We are closely monitoring communications from local, state and national agencies regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). At this time, the risk level in Alexandria is considered low. However, the health and well-being of our customers, employees, and community is our top priority.
We have always focused on giving the best quality product and service while adhering to the foodservice industry’s strict local public health guidelines. Safety is our number one priority, and in response to the outbreak, we have stepped up even further our sanitation policies:
• Every table and its chairs are being sanitized with disposable Clorox disinfecting wipes after each customer,
• Every menu is being sanitized after each use,
• Condiments are now available upon request, rather than being left on the table, so that they can be individually sanitized after each use,
• Our dining room staff are all wearing disposable latex gloves while carrying out these processes,
• Hosts are regularly sanitizing the entrance and bathroom doors/handles,
• Three motion activated Purell dispensers are readily available to customers and staff, and
• We have removed several tables to provide more distance between them.
Del Ray Café is OPEN for business and we appreciate those of you who have come out this weekend to support us. For customers who prefer eating in rather than dining out, our menu is available for takeout. We also have our convenient family-sized Rotisserie Chicken Dinner including a large box of oven-roasted garlic potatoes, a baguette, and homemade rosemary chicken gravy for 25$ every night, now beginning at 5pm (although afternoon pre-orders are much appreciated).
Finally, in an effort to alleviate some of the stress school closings places on our staff, we are temporarily changing our hours. Beginning Monday, March 16th, we will now open daily at 9am and close when the last customer leaves. If you want to come a little later in the evening, please call ahead to be sure we are open.
Thank you for your trust in and loyalty to Del Ray Café, we look forward to hosting you soon!
Laurent & Margaret Janowsky